Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Good bye Luna

We said good bye to our little Luna today. A nice family who live on a 200 acre farm here in Missouri were looking for a new dog as their rat terrior passed away recently. Luna took to them right away. We had been looking for a nice family who would like to adopt her and couldn't believe how lucky we were to find such a great situation for Luna.
It turns out Simon has some respiratory issues from the ventilator in the NICU, he will grow out of it eventually but they recommend not having pets until he is older. Luna has not been keen on Simon and she had snapped at him a few times now that he is crawling.
I never knew how hard it would be to say good bye to a pet. We have had Luna since she was a puppy and the house really does feel empty without her. The children are very sad, we all sat in the living room and cried together after Mike the farmer drove away with Luna. She was sitting excitedly on the front seat of his truck, happy to go for a ride. I hope she knows we love her. I think she will be happy, running around a farm with the 2 other dogs that live there and all the other animals. We are going to go visit her in the Summer.
I admit I have grumbled about the barking, the shedding, the need for a dog sitter etc but I am really going to miss her, after all she has been my little companion these past few years and I took her for granted. Thanks for the walks and the friendship Luna. Are there dogs in Heaven? I hope so!


4 comments:

Amy D. said...

We are so sad for you :(, but are happy for Luna to be blessed with such a great situation for her. And, I KNOW there are pets in Heaven (maybe even without the things that make it difficult ;)

Anonymous said...

:-( I'm so sorry! That's so hard.

Becky said...

I'm so glad her hair grew back...

Jean said...

Jack sends his condolences...and so do we.