Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lots on my Mind!

My Dad had open heart surgery last week, he is doing OK and will be home soon. Of course he is on the other side of the world which means all I can do is wish him well but he is always in our prayers. My good sister Jodi has been taking care of things for him and Mum, not an easy task. Love you Jodi! We are also keeping my Grandad in our prayers, he is very close to passing from this world and we are hoping his last few days are as peaceful as possible. He has had a good long life.
Simon has been sick with a cold that became an ear infection and then a double ear infection as he didn't respond to the antibiotics. I have had just a few minutes here and there to do all the things I need to get done before Simon has to be held again. The one great thing is that he loves to be outside. I put him in the wagon and we go out into the backyard and he watches me garden. So even though the house is not the cleanest right now my yard is looking better than ever. Plus he loves the stroller so I have been walking everyday just to give us both a little peace and quiet. I had forgotten how the days run together with a baby and that a lot of it is done sleep deprived but I love it. I wish I had been as understanding with the older three, oh well, hopefully they are not too damaged! Here's hoping this new antibiotic does the trick and life can return to whatever normal is, at least before the neighborhood pool opens this weekend.
Bring on Summer. We can't wait for water guns, barbeques, swim team, movies, campouts, sleeping in and most importantly no homework!


5 comments:

Crystal and Billy said...

Anne, I'm glad your father's operation went well. I hope Simon feels better soon!

Keys Family said...

Hey Anne, how are you? I found your blog through Abby Bensons. I hope you don't mind. Your family sure has grown since I saw you last. Congrats on the new addition. Your kids look great. Just thought I would say hi.

Take Care, Christy

Becky said...

um... hello... on your summer list your forgot HARRY POTTER, you must have a lot on your mind! So excited!

Anonymous said...

:-) Definitely feel free to direct people to my blog! It's an awesome video. I did think of you when I saw it took place in Australia, as well. :-)

Amy D. said...

Oh, Anne, all the best to your dad and hope for the best for granddad. Too bad Simon was so sick and hope he's doing better. Outside time worked/works for our boys! And on the state of the house--sometimes it's giving more to the kids, for sure! Have an awesome summer, HP movie and all!!!